Tue, 02 Mar|
Monthly Online Discussion Session -Tuesday 2nd March
There always seems to be something new to learn about boats and boating related topics such as navigation, repairs, the waterways, destinations as well as rules and regulations. For our next session we thought we would share our favourite boating websites and apps. Join us this coming Tuesday night.
02 Mar 2021, 7:30 pm
On Tuesday 2 March at 7.30pm we will be hosting our next member's online discussion session. We will be holding these on the first Tuesday of each month and the idea is that we have an open discussion to share ideas, talk about boating and generally catch up. There's never a shortage of boating problems and opportunities to talk about!
For this meeting, we thought we would share our favourite boating websites and apps. Please let us know about your favourites - if you drop us a line ahead of the meeting we will take a look! Here's a few ones we use:
- Weather - BOM (we all know about the marine forecasts, but do you know about Meteye, which gives detailed wind and wave forecasts through the coming day?), Willyweather, Seabreeze, Windy
- Safety - Marine Rescue app (always use this to log on for an offshore passage!), Fire and Rescue Emergency app, what3words (all these apps allow you to get an instant location, what3words gives you three words that a unique to your location, much more reliable than a string of numbers)
- Navigation - Navionics (have you used the auto routing facility to create a route and load it to your chartplotter?)
- The next boat - Boatsales,Riviera,
- Boating apps and forums - Deckee (do you know you can set safety/maintenance reminders in Deckee?), the hull truth, cruisers forum, trawlerforum, etc
- Fishing - fishraider, ausfish
- Knots - Knot Guide, animated knots (excellent...)
- Boating rules and safety - Service NSW (the excellent Marine Handbook), AMSA (including Marine Safety Awareness Bulletins), Marine Rules and Signals, Colregs
- Boat maintenance - boatdiesel (an amazing paid resource for obscure engine problems), marineengine.com
- ...and lots more!
Grab a glass of something, fire up the Zoom and join in at 7:30pm, Tuesday the 2nd of March. and please send in your favourite apps and resources..
Please RSVP on button below and we will send you the Zoom link on Monday night
If you have any questions, please let me know - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you online.