Fri, 25 Jan|
Lake Macquarie Coastal Cruise
BHCC INVADES LAKE MACQUARIE! Come and celebrate Australia Day on Australia’s biggest Lake! Explore this magnificent waterway over 4 days/3 nights
25 Jan 2019, 8:00 am – 28 Jan 2019, 12:00 pm
BHCC INVADES LAKE MACQUARIE!
Where are we staying? On our boats of course. We will meander around the lake seeking suitable bays to raft up each night. We plan to select the locations a couple days out from the trip when we see where the weather may lead us. A time to swim on sandy beaches, fish for our dinner and tell tales at night.
LEAVING FRIDAY MORNING 25TH JANUARY AROUND 8 AM from Empire Marina.
Collecting some from America Bay and a leisurely cruise up, running at 10 knots so several displacement boats can be included in the run.
PLANNING ON ARRIVING AT SWANSEA TO GO THROUGH ON A 12 PM (NOON) BRIDGE OPENING.
RETURNING MONDAY 28TH JANUARY AROUND 6 AM at Swansea channel or we can wait for around 1 pm departure putting us back in Bobbin Head around 5 pm.
There may be several reasons that people may feel they cannot attend, but please send in an expression of interest and advise what might be causing a potential problem and let’s try to work it out, for example :
- You may have to work Friday – possibly 2nd group may come up early on Saturday morning.
- A crew member does not travel well at sea – they can drive up or catch a train and we will meet them
- Our boat cannot take enough provisions for four (4) days – several boats can assist with refrigeration and or beds if required .
Some people may stay an extra couple of days, particularly if heading to Port Stephens for the following week.
PLEASE RSVP below and include the following information:
- Boat Name
- Number of People
- When you plan to travel up
- When you plan to travel back
- If you are interested in staying on because you plan to travel onto Port Stephens on 1st February.
- I will be sending part of my crew by road or rail
- Any other questions?
We aim to have an INFORMATION/FINAL PLANNING NIGHT ON TUESDAY 15TH JANUARY AT 5.30 PM at Empire Marina. Jump on board and set our sights on Lake Macquarie and share in a special BHCC Australia Day.